• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarms - Bluetooth, no Speaker possible?

Hey guys,

I've got a Desire HD and I'm a bit of an audio geek so I've.. well I've kinda gone and converted my bed-side cupboard into a speaker system with bluetooth A2DP capability. The intention was to overcome the rather small sound that that the DHD emits from its speaker in favour of some nicer sounding music to wake up to, but I've run into a problem with Alarms. I'm guessing this is a general Android issue rather than a Desire HD issue.

The problem is that whenever music plays as an alarm, it insists on coming out of the internal speaker as well as the bluetooth device - This is only for alarms, normal music and other media play via bluetooth only as you'd expect. So what I need to know is, is there a way of muting the internal speaker on the phone during alarms so that the alarm sound only goes to the bluetooth device?

Here's hoping you folks have some ideas.

I was kinda thinking about teaching myself how to write apps for android, please don't say I have to write this one... :)

-GS

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones