• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alerts/Notifications/Phone Ring

H

harmstrong

Have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T that keeps flashing blue led and have no messages either text or phone. This happens when the screen is off. What does this light indicate? I have not yet set up a connection to email or other notifications to my knowledge. Had someone at Radio Shack do initial setup.

Also, the phone does not ring when the phone is turned off. It also does not ring when the phone is just in sleep mode. Does anyone know what I need to do to make sure that i get calls? I have the voume all the way up and have it set to both ring and vibrate.

Thirdly, I had a tab to the right that was on the desktop screen that took me to apps I think (was a bar at the right of the screen) and the radio Shack person removed it when I suggested that it might get in the way. How do I add it back or add other tabs onto the desktop screen?

Have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T that keeps flashing blue led and have no messages either text or phone. This happens when the screen is off. What does this light indicate? I have not yet set up a connection to email or other notifications to my knowledge. Had someone at Radio Shack do initial setup.
Blue is calls, messages or app notifications.

Also, the phone does not ring when the phone is turned off.
True - it does nothing when it's off.

It also does not ring when the phone is just in sleep mode.
Are you sure? Hit the power button to turn the screen off and it stops ringing? That's unusual.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make sure that i get calls? I have the voume all the way up and have it set to both ring and vibrate.
For one thing, don't turn it off when you want calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones