• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[All Discussion}Your S Pen... Use It? /Help/features ect...

Is there anyway to make the phone auto space ahead when doing the handwriting with s-pen???

Feels odd a little writing a word...then having to swipe to move onto the next word!
I wish I could write a word....then it spaces itself

Is it possible???

You may want to try Stroke Recognition to see if it works best for you.

While in handwriting mode > Press and hold the Microphone > Select the icon that looks like a wrench & pencil > choose Handwriting > choose Recognition Type > select Stroke Recognition > Press the Escape button twice to back out

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to make the phone auto space ahead when doing the handwriting with s-pen???

Feels odd a little writing a word...then having to swipe to move onto the next word!
I wish I could write a word....then it spaces itself

Is it possible???
Mine came defaulted to stroke recognition, I changed that and I get better results, plus it will insert spaces between words by itself if you write them that way.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi all, I'm considering a Note 8 purchase in the future, but figured I ask this question here: what do you think of the S-pen?

That's one of my main factors in deciding to get any Note device. How useful do you find it? What are its coolest features? Are there any good apps that benefit from it (or rely on it), especially photo and art apps?

Aside from typical tablet usage (web browsing, video, music), I may also use it for photography / painting related functions. I'm used to working with a Wacom tablet for art projects. I don't expect the Note 2 (or 8)'s S-pen to match the performance of a real Wacom, but how close does it come?

Upvote 0
I haven't found a floating S Pen type app yet. There are some with regular text, but I'd prefer one with S Pen integration.
I was looking for a way to have contact info I wrote down with my S Pen and address book open at the same time.
I came across an app called DW Contacts. After downloading it, it added a shortcut in Multi View. I set it as the default to replace my stock address book. Now I can have S Note and DW Contacts open at the same time in split screen mode, making it easy to add or edit contacts while looking at my S Notes.

I know I'm a day too late and a dollar too short but did you try pressing the button on the S-Pen and double tapping the screen? This brings up the floating app which can be used on top of other apps. Sorry if this has been answered

Upvote 0
I know I'm a day too late and a dollar too short but did you try pressing the button on the S-Pen and double tapping the screen? This brings up the floating app which can be used on top of other apps. Sorry if this has been answered

The S Notes app will only float once for each note. After saving the note, there's no way of making it float again. I would like to be able to pull up old notes that I jotted down, and have them float while typing them into a word document app or adding phone numbers to contacts in my address book.

Upvote 0
The S Notes app will only float once for each note. After saving the note, there's no way of making it float again. I would like to be able to pull up old notes that I jotted down, and have them float while typing them into a word document app or adding phone numbers to contacts in my address book.

Ahhhhhhh. ..... good point. I render my post useless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones