• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All HTC Inspire 4G Previews/Reviews in here!

I've usually done that, but I'm not sure I can wait that long to not play with it. Is it okay to use it while it's charging, or is it best to let it fully charge the first time while it's off?

I would say you can leave it on, with minimal "play time" while it is going through its first full charge. I may end up just turning it off for the first charge, but only to "know in my heart" that I will get the best battery life possible. If that happens, I'll send out my hardware impressions, then software impressions.

Matt

EDIT::: Just talked to my personal Android "guru" and he said that we need to run the battery dry and then charge it COMPLETELY. He also threw in NOT TO MESS WITH IT while that crucial charge goes on!

That parts gonna suck,

Matt

Upvote 0
IMG_20110211_141411.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would say you can leave it on, with minimal "play time" while it is going through its first full charge. I may end up just turning it off for the first charge, but only to "know in my heart" that I will get the best battery life possible. If that happens, I'll send out my hardware impressions, then software impressions.

Matt

EDIT::: Just talked to my personal Android "guru" and he said that we need to run the battery dry and then charge it COMPLETELY. He also threw in NOT TO MESS WITH IT while that crucial charge goes on!

That parts gonna suck,

Matt

Thank you Matt! I just got my SD card in the mail and car charger so I'm ready to go

Upvote 0
Are you sure? I thought running a Li-Ion battery dry was a big no-no.

Whatever happens, I'm double checking with the retail consultant that I'm going to be dealing with. I got another piece of info. from an iPhone owner, but they said that it didn't matter if you charge it first or run the battery down first, and then charge it. The person I talked to owns a Droid X, so if it has a Li-Ion battery, I think we'll be ok.

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones