• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Aloysius ROM Brings Missing Apps From Android Market.

I have seen a lot of posts saying that people once they rooted they lost access to some of the apps they had with android 1.5.

This is an HTC hero rom that was ported over to the eris that I am running right now. With this rom which is running 2.1 you will get access to the protected apps on the market (the apps that come up missing). Read the known bugs section though. Included is an app that circumvents the power down hang and I actully like using it more then shutting down the phone the convential way hope this helps. People running eris with 2.1 don't have access because it has not been officially released yet. As always do a Nandroid backup if you decide to use this ROM.

[ROM] Aloysius 2.0 PORT V5 (4/18/10) - xda-developers

Hope this helps.

why is that? Seems snarky to me. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'm never over there.

i am not saying that for this ROM it isnt OK, but I know the devs work very hard and would like credit when due and always like to see their work spread. the creator seems very cool. so why not just shot him a PM over there ask him if its OK. that is what i have done when i have posted updates/ROMs that were from XDA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones