• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Also Can't Login

Earlier today someone posted a thread entitled "cannot log in." I thought this was funny, since they had a user ID. I logged out so that I could post back with the exact steps to log in. Well they were right, there is no login link or button! There is only "Register" (in fact there are THREE Register links - one in the upper right of the blue bar, one in the green bar below it, and one in the sidebar (it's a SIGN UP button, but all 3 go to the same registration page). This computer was the only device I was logged in on, so I am effectively locked out of the forum unless I re-register with a new user name. I tried two different browsers, latest version of Chrome and Firefox, and it's the same on both. Apparently, the OP failed to mention that they were already a member under a different user name.

This seems to have gotten overlooked in the site redesign, so DON'T LOG OUT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED.

-Mr. Lucky

Do you see "Register" in the top navigation? Just to the left do you see a dimmed Log In button?
Yes, Register appears in 3 places:
  1. at the very top-right in the dark blue bar
  2. two rows down in the green bar
  3. in the sidebar (it's labeled "SIGN UP" but it goes to the same Register page)
Nothing is visible to the left of the top-right "Navigation" though now that you've told me where to look, I see it when I mouse over it. I'm guessing it's totally invisible on a mobile device with no mouse. Maybe the JavaScript onmouseover and onmousedown events are reversed?

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and Rob
Upvote 0
Earlier today someone posted a thread entitled "cannot log in." I thought this was funny, since they had a user ID. I logged out so that I could post back with the exact steps to log in. Well they were right, there is no login link or button! There is only "Register" (in fact there are THREE Register links - one in the upper right of the blue bar, one in the green bar below it, and one in the sidebar (it's a SIGN UP button, but all 3 go to the same registration page). This computer was the only device I was logged in on, so I am effectively locked out of the forum unless I re-register with a new user name. I tried two different browsers, latest version of Chrome and Firefox, and it's the same on both. Apparently, the OP failed to mention that they were already a member under a different user name.

This seems to have gotten overlooked in the site redesign, so DON'T LOG OUT UNTIL THIS IS FIXED.

-Mr. Lucky

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones