• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

always on display

I know these phones have the always on display option like the Note 7s but they don't show notifications (missed call, text, email, etc.) is there a way to turn that feature on?

Mine seems to be working for calls and texts, maybe there is a setting in the notifications that needs to be changed.

I also noticed that it is not as complex as the N7 version, as there is no way to add a pic to the screen ,but that's no big deal.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
I also noticed that it is not as complex as the N7 version, as there is no way to add a pic to the screen ,but that's no big deal.

Which carrier do you have? I am on VZW, but haven't received my phone yet. Should get it in a couple hours, it's on FedEx out for delivery right now. Anyhow, my wife has T-mobile, and I was helping her with some settings yesterday and I swear I saw somewhere the option to use a picture for AOD. Maybe some carriers don't have that feature.

Upvote 0
Which carrier do you have? I am on VZW, but haven't received my phone yet. Should get it in a couple hours, it's on FedEx out for delivery right now. Anyhow, my wife has T-mobile, and I was helping her with some settings yesterday and I swear I saw somewhere the option to use a picture for AOD. Maybe some carriers don't have that feature.

I'm on T-mobile. The only image setting is for the preloaded graphics, but I don't see one for gallery images. Maybe I'm missing something.

WOW, as i typed this, the update came in and the pic option is there like the N7....disregard above!!

Reactions: bornintheuk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones