• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Prime Day July 11-12

I have a set of eight wired probes. I rarely use two but always use one. It's a great aid when something cooks slower or faster than anticipated. I bought the same set for my son a few months later and his set is junk and two probes side by side will read 20° difference etc. Mine have been spot on.
What brand of probes are you using?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Thinking about getting a battery charged chainsaw. The prime deal is for Greenworks power tools. They have a 12" for $95.99 and a 16" $185.99. Never heard of them.......I have a large bush that needs to come down and this would come in handy. Don't know if I'm ready to pull the trigger just yet.

Upvote 0
I have a gas powered chain saw. It's a great tool but when you shut it off, it's impossible to start again because there is still pressure against the piston. Only time will let it escape so you can pull start it again. Out of frustration, I purchased a DeWalt battery powered chainsaw. It starts every time and is a great tool!!! I went DeWalt because I already had a number of their battery operated tools so I had batteries in common.

Upvote 0
Had a wok many years ago. To me, a fry pan does the same thing.
A frying pan is flat, which makes a difference. Sometimes you don't want everything to be in contact with the pan all of the time, heat escapes less quickly, and liquids pool in the centre (which also allows me to use a wok for frying poppadoms, which I wouldn't do in a frying pan ;)).

We have both.

Upvote 0
Just bought me a wok. Gonna hold off on the saw for now. I have some rybobi tools as be thus have batteries for them..... so I might pick out a ryobi chainsaw.
Congrats on the wok. You are wise to use tools with exchangeable batteries. Replacement batteries often run near the price of the tool with a battery. Multiple batteries and chargers are a must using battery operated tools IMO.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
When you get kids you can put them to bed and sing wok a bye baby.
Never Again Ew GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones