• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help an app killed my fascinate! I think?

idk?

Apr 1, 2010
Arizona
So i was busy installing apps and moving them around my screen when i accidentally hit the auto-brightness toggle on one of my newly installed widgets, i went to hit it a few more times to restore my previous brightness, but my screen totally turned off. The phone is still on, if someone calls me i can hear the ring tone perfectly.

I've done some Googl'ing looking for answers but i havn't found anything useful, I have already ordered a replacement fascinate under warranty, but it would be nice to find a solution to save myself 20 bucks on a zagg invisi shield..are there any know solutions or ways to factory reset without using the screen?

Note: The Samsung logo and Galaxy S boot-up are visible, but when it normally shows the unlock screen its completely black

Note again: Sorry i don't remember the name of the app

Yeah, it's something with the amoled screen, it's been happening to a lot of people. No more brightness widgets! If you search on the xda forums you'll find some threads. There is no easy fix.

ah well, that's disappointing, im used to nandroid on my old incredible where i could fix any idiot mistake i made haha, i guess ill just take the warranty replacement.

Upvote 0
To get to recovery, you have to hold both volume up and down (like the middle of the button) and then power. That should take you into recovery. Do you have clockwork mod installed? If you do, it will go into clockwork right from recovery and you can run a nandroid recovery from there. If not, the Samsung stock recovery has a data wipe/factory reset option too. Just push both volume buttons when powering on - using only the volume down just takes you to downloading mode. Good luck!

Reactions: Halcyon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones