• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 13 lock screen with seconds

Useless app which just shows a big clock in the middle of the home screen while the Android clock is also shown on the status bar.
Is there anybody who knows how to display seconds in the clock on the status bar?
'System UI tuner' is disabled by default in Android 13 on my Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra.

Upvote 0
maybe this:
Should be noted that when you view the Permissions this app uses and how it may involve sharing in its Data Safety rating, before you install any app it's a good practice to always peruse through its Playstore page privacy statements first. I'd suggest to instead try the Simple Clock app from Simple Mobile Tools for a highly configurable, third-party clock:

But that's just diverting away from the OP's query. The Simple Clock widget can display seconds but I don't know if that will also show in the Status bar or the Lock Screen.

I just got a Pixel 6 running Android 13. What app can I use to have the lock screen clock include seconds. I do not want AOD or a different wall paper.
Do you actually need an always visible time with seconds displayed for some reason? This may be a less useful stopgap but the default Clock app is likely to have Timer and Stopwatch functionality in the upper or lower menu bar of the app that both involve seconds.

Upvote 0
Useless app which just shows a big clock in the middle of the home screen while the Android clock is also shown on the status bar.
Is there anybody who knows how to display seconds in the clock on the status bar?
'System UI tuner' is disabled by default in Android 13 on my Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra.
I downloaded Power Shade and that has the ability to show the seconds on the status bar when you pull down. But it isn't on the lock screen. I got the free version first and the system shade was pulling down behind the Power Shade. But then I went to see how much the premium version cost and they had discounted it from $9.99 to $1.99. Since having the paid version the system shade does not pull down at the same time.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your tip. Power Shade costs by starting the app €9.99 pro year.
The free limited version shows lots of 18+ ads :unsure:
After declining the paid version a screen pops up "Limited time offer - lifetime premium €1.99"
I'm still doubtful because this app requires permission to "make and manage phone calls". Without this permission the app doesn't run.
The reviews are quite positive but we all know that everybody can leave reviews including the makers of the app.
So, let's do some research first before using a cheap app which requires permission to make and manage phone calls.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your tip. Power Shade costs by starting the app €9.99 pro year.
The free limited version shows lots of 18+ ads :unsure:
After declining the paid version a screen pops up "Limited time offer - lifetime premium €1.99"
I'm still doubtful because this app requires permission to "make and manage phone calls". Without this permission the app doesn't run.
The reviews are quite positive but we all know that everybody can leave reviews including the makers of the app.
So, let's do some research first before using a cheap app which requires permission to make and manage phone calls.
Sounds like you did all the research you needed to make your decision. If you don't want the app then don't get it. But I have yet to find a better answer to my problem. So, "let's" just reply with helpful comments.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you did all the research you needed to make your decision. If you don't want the app then don't get it. But I have yet to find a better answer to my problem. So, "let's" just reply with helpful comments.
I've paid €1.99 for 'Power Shade'. Honestly, I dislike this app.
I'm looking for something to show the clock with seconds in the status bar.
'Power Shade' can do this but only after pulling down the menu in the status bar. Moreover, the menu in the status bar has big spaces between the icons.
Of course, more features can be chosen in the status bar, but most people don't need these features. The status bar is only for features we often want to access but not for features we rarely need. These can be accessed in settings.
'Power Shade' has a slider 'Custom volume control'. If you want to turn this on you have to install an other app 'Ultra Volume Control Styles' which costs the incredible sum of €19.99 pro month (no pro year or unlimited subscription available).
I remove 'Power Shade' because it makes the status bar look awful and messed up with lots of unnecessary features.
Hopefully, someone knows how to show the clock with seconds in the status bar. It must be a hidden feature. 'Power Shade' is only to access hidden features of Android. If 'Power Shade' can unhide the seconds there must be a hidden option in Android to show the seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones