• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this thumbnail navigation on the homescreen all about?

Does just what you said. Brings up thumbnails of your 5 homescreens and allows you to jump instantly to one of them.

That being said, you need to hold down on the little page indicator dots for a second or so to bring it up, and in that amount of time, I (or most users) could have navigated to the desired page anyways.

Upvote 0
I really hope it does not lag with those live Backgrounds :/ My droid lags with widgets at times...

When I was using 2.1 with a live wallpaper if i tried to read the updates on my techbuzz and gamebuzz widgets, the scrolling was incredibly choppy. Once reverting back to a picture background it was like butter, so I wouldn't count on no lag with the live wallpapers.

Upvote 0
When I was using 2.1 with a live wallpaper if i tried to read the updates on my techbuzz and gamebuzz widgets, the scrolling was incredibly choppy. Once reverting back to a picture background it was like butter, so I wouldn't count on no lag with the live wallpapers.

Was this on a droid with a ported N1 2.1? Wonder if things will be better with droid's version of 2.1

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones