• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 [Froyo] Bugs and Questions - Post em Here

Has anyone had issues with the home screen responding slow at times, If i go form horizontal and vertical using facebook or texting. Also i have the Moto Docking station, i saw that you can now able a sound when you lock/unlock your phone and so when i put it on the docking station it makes the sound that it unlocks, but somethings it goes crazy and it sounds like it's about to blow up... any advice on what should/could do?

Upvote 0
2.2 is sucking ass for me.

1. Launcher is slow as shit. Sometimes i have to swipe up to 5 times to get it to move to the next screen. Sometimes its takes up to 10 secs for my apps to show up on screen after hitting the home key.

2. Battery life is now worse for me. i used to average one charge every 2 days. In the past 24 hours, i have had to charge the phone twice.

I think its time to root and try some other non official ROMs.

Upvote 0
I use my News & Weather widget every morning. Now when I click on a news article, it opens directly in my browser like a normal web page instead of in the "magnified" news browser window. This sucks, I can't see anything without zooming in and it doesn't format the article to the window size anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

Upvote 0
Got 2.2 loaded and working!!! Thanks!!!

However, now I cannot connect to my Exchange Mail account at work (was working perfectly prior to upgrade). If I enable SSL, it says that I can't establish a connection to the server (SSL was enabled prior to the upgrade). If I disable SSL, it immediately returns an invalid username/password combination. (And I've typed the username and password at least 20 times. I couldn't have gotten it wrong that many times...)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

I had a similar problem, it doesn't seem like the "accept all certificates" checkbox is working. If your issue is similar to mine, then your companies SSL certificate is either not a trusted root certificate (i.e. it is a homegrown corporate certicate, not a purchased cert), or there is a problem with it, in my case the activesync server name was not the same as the certificate domain name.

If its also denying you when you uncheck SSL your corporate active sync may be requiring SSL.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I updated last night from the directions on here and have had no issues so far that I can see. I feel special considering all the problems posted here. I did a factory reset as soon as I upgraded so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Oh and I have my phone hooked up to my computer right now and I'm tethering, for free.

I'm the same way, 2.2 is running quite well for me. It's noticeably faster and my battery life seems to be the same. Last night I had it all the way charged and took it off the charger at 10:30, with 3 alarms set. I've talked on the phone for about 2 minutes this morning and installed the MLB At Bat application, and checked yesterdays ball game scores. Right now it's five minutes after 8am and my battery bar is still completely full.

I honestly wonder how many of these guys did a factory reset, or had a completely wiped phone before doing the update. Mine was a re-flashed stock 2.1, then I forced the update and it's running flawlessly. I almost don't want to do the FRG22 update, I'm afraid it will slow down my phone! I kind of want to keep the first update!

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem, it doesn't seem like the "accept all certificates" checkbox is working. If your issue is similar to mine, then your companies SSL certificate is either not a trusted root certificate (i.e. it is a homegrown corporate certicate, not a purchased cert), or there is a problem with it, in my case the activesync server name was not the same as the certificate domain name.

If its also denying you when you uncheck SSL your corporate active sync may be requiring SSL.

Hope this helps.

Jeff and I are having the same issue. I just confirmed that my companies certificate is both valid and purchased.

Anyone have any other ideas? Not being able to access my work e-mail is somewhat annoying.

Upvote 0
@Nightrain

I know I had the same problem with belief until I installed Linux on my comp, I also have win 7, and got a info tac that shows how much mem and processor each os was using. I was blown away, it said that just sitting and idling Win 7 was using 33% of my available ram where as Linux was only using somewhere around 8% (I bring this up because Android is Linux based in case anyone didn’t already know). We all have been so trained by Windows that we can’t have anything else running and have to have some kind of task killer. Android (and Linux for that matter) handle running apps differently than win and Apple, and if it needs the mem it will automatically stop things you are not using to supply it, but leave it enough so that if you go back to it it’s all still there. The big problem with task killers is that if you have them shutting off some services, phone update, email sync and stuff, all you are really doing is making that service reboot, which eats up mem.

If you have 2.2 one of the additions I noticed is that in Settings>Applications>Running apps at the bottom there is a little color bar that more clearly shows you how much memory the system is using. I’ve watched this while shutting down things and usually if it’s something that I haven’t used in a while, it really doesn’t move the bar that much. The really only big thing that I noticed slows down performance is apps individual caches!! Check those and clean them out to speed up your phone. Pandora is a big one, play it for an hour and see how much its cache has grown!!

sorry for the long post.

Upvote 0
Like others, I think the only issue I've been haveing since updating is pretty bad battery drain compared to earlier. It's a good thing I have a dock at work to charge during the day. Less than two hours after unplugging it being fully charged, I'm at 80%. I run the phone for long battery lasting, meaning I do not auto update apps, I refresh them manually.

Upvote 0
I use my News & Weather widget every morning. Now when I click on a news article, it opens directly in my browser like a normal web page instead of in the "magnified" news browser window. This sucks, I can't see anything without zooming in and it doesn't format the article to the window size anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

I just added the New & Weather widget, clicked on a story, and it opens up the News & Weather app to the section containing the story. Then, I can click on the story.

Try deleting your widget and re-adding it.

Upvote 0
I forced the update this morning (in my excitement I skipped over the warning in the force update thread, maybe the files shouldn't be linked until the CORRECT update comes out?), the only issue I have so far is when in the dock if anything other than the dock screen is up it will sleep the display and force you to unlock. I can't speak to battery drain as my office gets TERRIBLE signal so I just keep it on the dock charging when I'm at my desk.

I had to reinstall Swype (no big deal).
I like the "screensaver" when the screen isn't dimmed in the dock
I like the lower brightness on the dock screens when it IS dimmed
No temperature issues, even in the dock and struggling to pull signal BatteryLife tells me it's running at 93

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just added the New & Weather widget, clicked on a story, and it opens up the News & Weather app to the section containing the story. Then, I can click on the story.

Try deleting your widget and re-adding it.

On the last click when you clicked on the story, does it open in your browser or in the "news" browser. Previously for me, it would open up in a full screen browser window, formatted for easy reading. If I clicked on a link within the story, THEN it would open that link in my default browser. But with froyo, it's opening stories i click on within the news widget in my default browser, with very tiny text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones