• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.6 ota is here. Just downloaded mine

Same thing with the battery life after my upgrade. So I'm letting it drain down to deep cycle. But something else I just noticed, the 30 minute option for for the screen lock is now missing from the list. I'm pretty sure it was there pre-upgrade, because I'm constantly switching between 2 and 10 minutes, weighing between battery life and what I'm doing with the phone. (Oh how I wish there was a 5 minute option, but thats another thread).

Upvote 0
Same thing with the battery life after my upgrade. So I'm letting it drain down to deep cycle. But something else I just noticed, the 30 minute option for for the screen lock is now missing from the list. I'm pretty sure it was there pre-upgrade, because I'm constantly switching between 2 and 10 minutes, weighing between battery life and what I'm doing with the phone. (Oh how I wish there was a 5 minute option, but thats another thread).

I still have a 30 minute option

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Dennis_Bham
Why all the rush to upgrade? If you don't use the screen lock anyway, what reason is there? I'll wait and see what ELSE in in the upgrade before I'll accept it. My 2.3.4 is working too well to jump on an unknown.

I too have assumed the vulture position. :D

Judging from people reporting battery issues, I'll wait before deciding on upgrade. I'm very happy with battery life right now, not worth losing that for the improvements listed for this upgrade.

Based upon the plethora of battery issues reported now, I think we did the right thing by not jumping on 2.3.6.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Dennis_Bham
Why all the rush to upgrade? If you don't use the screen lock anyway, what reason is there? I'll wait and see what ELSE in in the upgrade before I'll accept it. My 2.3.4 is working too well to jump on an unknown.

Based upon the plethora of battery issues reported now, I think we did the right thing by not jumping on 2.3.6.

Maybe. But I updgraded to 2.3.6 and my battery life is better. It's possible that it might have to do with the fact that my phone is only 1 month old. I've found that it takes a few weeks for the batteries to reach their prime on these smartphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones