• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.2.2 and Facebook app

AeroGrooves

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
Hi,

My HTC phone got the update to Android 4.2.2 yesterday and I noticed I am no longer able to set the vibration notifier to off, though it's unchecked in the Facebook app settings.

Is there any solution for this without having to switch off all the notifications in the app?

Thank you.

You could turn notifications off and use the Light Flow app to handle fb notifications. It lets you change LED, sound and vibration pattern (or off).
I think youd have to use the payed version for facebook but i could be wrong. check out the free one

Thank you for the app.

I noticed I had the same issue in Gmail and found a topic (issue list) on the Google forums saying to switch off the ringtone notification. In vibrate mode with ringtone notification off together with vibrate function off in the app (Gmail and Facebook) it solves the problem.

On the other side I have no sound for these apps in normal ringtone profile but that's no problem for now. Hope they will fix this bug in future or is it a feature... ;)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones