• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.4.4 Car Head Unit Composite Inputs

Zidds

Lurker
Sep 25, 2015
Hello,
I have been searching a while now on various forums. I have a generic Android stereo for my car. It has multiple RCA in connections. Right now I have my backup camera plugged into one, my front bumper cam plugged into another. Then the last is an AV in which I have nothing connected to at the moment. The unit comes with software that allows me to pull up and watch any of my video IN sources. I was wondering if someone might know of a possibility of an app or some other means to record one or more of the inputs. I would like to use my front bumper cam as sort of a dash cam. It has a perfect field of view and would suit perfectly as a dash cam. Having the ability to record any of the inputs would be an awesome feature. Right now it only seems to detect USB camera inputs for some dash recorder apps I have found on the market. Of course I would be looking for something that has the ability to record from composite/RCA/CVBS in the background. I am currently working trying to convert the composite signal to USB using a converter of sorts. I was just hoping someone here might be able to help with a possibility I have not thought of. Any help would be appreciated. I thank you for any response in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones