• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.4 rumor

Well Android 4.4 is no longer a rumor for me. I have officially moved on. I just picked up the Sharp Aquos. It seems pretty sweet although I have had only a few minutes of messing around with it. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. Im also pretty confident(or hoping) that since this is Sharps flagship phone (its their only phone) an Android 5 Lollipop update will come soon after its release.

So I hope to see some of you in the Aquos forum if there is one yet? To everyone else, happy trails:)

Upvote 0
Well Android 4.4 is no longer a rumor for me. I have officially moved on. I just picked up the Sharp Aquos. It seems pretty sweet although I have had only a few minutes of messing around with it. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. Im also pretty confident(or hoping) that since this is Sharps flagship phone (its their only phone) an Android 5 Lollipop update will come soon after its release.

So I hope to see some of you in the Aquos forum if there is one yet? To everyone else, happy trails:)

It's not sharps first android phone but it is their first one in quite a while now, chances of that getting Android L is unknown. Sharp isn't exactly a powerful manufacturer when it comes to smartphones but i guess you could hope for the best lol. It's a nice device but you should have went with something that you know for a fact would get Android L instead of hoping to get it. You're still with boost? i would have said you should of gotten the Moto G or S5. I'm done with boost its time to jump on the GSM train:p ordered me a OnePlus one and moving to Tmobile soon, i would be paying less money if i moved the whole family over to Tmobile when compared to boost even with their promo new low $35 dollars a month plan.

Upvote 0
It's not sharps first android phone but it is their first one in quite a while now, chances of that getting Android L is unknown. Sharp isn't exactly a powerful manufacturer when it comes to smartphones but i guess you could hope for the best lol. It's a nice device but you should have went with something that you know for a fact would get Android L instead of hoping to get it. You're still with boost? i would have said you should of gotten the Moto G or S5. I'm done with boost its time to jump on the GSM train:p ordered me a OnePlus one and moving to Tmobile soon, i would be paying less money if i moved the whole family over to Tmobile when compared to boost even with their promo new low $35 dollars a month plan.

Yep Im still on Boost. I got the Aquos because I didnt really care for the Moto G, and didnt get the S5 cause Im not paying that much for a phone. I try to get a new phone every year. The OnePlus One is a nice phone but its still more than I want to pay for a phone. I seriously thought about going to Sprint. I had my wife, her best friend and husband, a good friend at work, and my in laws on board for a switch to Sprint which would of been like $15 a month per person for unlimited talk, text, and a shit load of shared data( I think the sales rep said 20gb + 2gb per person). I put a kabosh on the deal because me going to a contract company would equel another way for me to blow a shit load of money on electronics. You gotta put a stop sign somewhere. In every other part of my electronics life, money is no object. Staying with Boost and always buying a phone under $200, makes me feel thrifty :rolleyes: If I went with Sprint or anyone else, Id be buying the newest best phone every couple of months.

So Chev, you go ahead and be the cell phone snob. Come middle of January, Ill be the tv snob with 3 brand new 4k Tvs (55inch in the bedroom, 60inch in the living room, and a 70inch in my mancave).;)

Upvote 0
Yep Im still on Boost. I got the Aquos because I didnt really care for the Moto G, and didnt get the S5 cause Im not paying that much for a phone. I try to get a new phone every year. The OnePlus One is a nice phone but its still more than I want to pay for a phone. I seriously thought about going to Sprint. I had my wife, her best friend and husband, a good friend at work, and my in laws on board for a switch to Sprint which would of been like $15 a month per person for unlimited talk, text, and a shit load of shared data( I think the sales rep said 20gb + 2gb per person). I put a kabosh on the deal because me going to a contract company would equel another way for me to blow a shit load of money on electronics. You gotta put a stop sign somewhere. In every other part of my electronics life, money is no object. Staying with Boost and always buying a phone under $200, makes me feel thrifty :rolleyes: If I went with Sprint or anyone else, Id be buying the newest best phone every couple of months.

So Chev, you go ahead and be the cell phone snob. Come middle of January, Ill be the tv snob with 3 brand new 4k Tvs (55inch in the bedroom, 60inch in the living room, and a 70inch in my mancave).;)

hahahahaha:D:D OPO price isn't that bad when compared to other flagships today. The OPO excels past the Galaxy S5 in specs and its less than half the price off it. You're getting a flagship device for a midrange price. I see where you're coming from though have fun with the Tv's:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
hahahahaha:D:D OPO price isn't that bad when compared to other flagships today. The OPO excels past the Galaxy S5 in specs and its less than half the price off it. You're getting a flagship device for a midrange price. I see where you're coming from though have fun with the Tv's:smokingsomb:

I saw the 1+1 as an AMAZING price to performance ratio. compared to the moto G, it seems better. I just would like an invite code for it. like you chev, I'll be jumping over to GSM. most likely Metro or something of the sort. I just need the money and the right time to do it. hopefully by the time I'm positive I'll be getting the phone, I'll be able to get an invite code. (I'll be getting the 64GB version simply because it's black. I don't like white phones. :D )

Upvote 0
I saw the 1+1 as an AMAZING price to performance ratio. compared to the moto G, it seems better. I just would like an invite code for it. like you chev, I'll be jumping over to GSM. most likely Metro or something of the sort. I just need the money and the right time to do it. hopefully by the time I'm positive I'll be getting the phone, I'll be able to get an invite code. (I'll be getting the 64GB version simply because it's black. I don't like white phones. :D )

The system should be sending me invites soon to share with others so i'll let you know if i get any.

Upvote 0
I see the S3 for Boost is on sale for $199 at Best Buy and Radio Shack.
It already has KitKat preinstalled. So that phone should get Lollipop I'm assuming.

the galaxy s3 has kitkat preinstalled because it's one of the copies that was manufactured later. they BARELY got kitkat, so they're not going to get the update to lollipop. at least not from Samsung anyway

Upvote 0
I see the S3 for Boost is on sale for $199 at Best Buy and Radio Shack.
It already has KitKat preinstalled. So that phone should get Lollipop I'm assuming.

Creed is right it most likely not get official L because the GS3 passed its two year support mark way back in May which was around the time when it got KitKat. But on the bright side you will probably have CM12 or some other AOSP ROM available on Android L

My gps has been working for the last couple of weeks. So not having the latest operating system is not going to move me away. Maybe its a sprint/boost problem thats been resolved. Iam sticking with this phone for.now.

oh lucky you, just give it little bit of time. It'll eventually turn on you;)

Reactions: creed10
Upvote 0
It.does not.restart your plan. I upgraded to this phone. Any one know if the cayanogen mod phone is cdma for sprint network.
I think it does, or at least it should. The shrinkage plan has been discontinued you're only grandfathered until you upgrade to a new phone but idk whatever you say.
As for the OnePlus no it does not support Sprint or Verizon. Its a GSM phone not CDMA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones