• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android and HOME WiFi connection issue.... HELP

BDZ71

Lurker
Mar 11, 2012
I just got my first Android phone.. woop woop!

Anyway, works great!

But I cant get on the internet on my home wifi????

I enable wifi on the phone.. it finds my home network.. It logs into my home network and says the status is strong... but when I go to the browser or ANYTHING that uses the internet it will not work and times out and says no connection etc..

But I can type in my router IP from the phone browser and get into the router settings... So i know im hooked up to the wifi.. i just cant seem to get past the router.
WTF?

I cant figure this one out. . . I havnt been to any other wifi spots to see if it works there but home is definately the most important..

Any ideas?

Go into your WiFi settings scroll down to advanced. Check that your wifi sleep policy is set to never, verify you have a MAC address listed and that you do not have "use Static IP checked.

check
check and
check.....

Thats what all of my settings already were!
Still no good.. I just dont get it.. it says its connected to my network! but it dosnt work

Upvote 0
It seems that ur router is blocking the phone from access to the web or from the web to ur phone. check your router settings from your computer.

comms between the phone and computer should not be related to coms between ur phone and router, but i have seen strange things where firewall do actually block all coms. So disable ur firewall and try. if it gets access U will need to set up a firewall rule for the phone.

what router are U using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones