• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android as personal organizer

>=°>

Lurker
Mar 22, 2011
Hello,

I'm interested by buying an android device (the archos 5 as a nice size and can be hacked to 2.2) but I'm not sure it meet my needs.

The main need I have is for organisation. I'd like to be able to have access to my online ical calendar, synchronised my address book on the web, take a few notes, a little bit of surf, maybe gps but not so much for games or media stuff. I don't know if Android as some nice stuff for that.
Tablets like the archos 5 (archos 43 looks quite the same) are defined as media tablet so I was wondering if I was not doing a mistake (trying to do something it wasn't aim to)...

Is there devices more suitable for what I'm looking for ? (for less than 200$)

Thank you

Ok thanks.
I said ical but I meant online calendar so no problem using google calendar.

I read somebody complaining that there is no much android apps available on the archos. Does it mean that some constructor restrict the access to the android market or is it a compatibility matter (than even hacking it doesn't solve) ?
edit : ok found maybe the answer to my question. At least last year, the market was not available for non-phone devices but possible to access apps via other unofficial markets

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones