1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android as personal organizer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by >=°>, Mar 22, 2011.

1. >=°>

>=°> Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Hello,

I'm interested by buying an android device (the archos 5 as a nice size and can be hacked to 2.2) but I'm not sure it meet my needs.

The main need I have is for organisation. I'd like to be able to have access to my online ical calendar, synchronised my address book on the web, take a few notes, a little bit of surf, maybe gps but not so much for games or media stuff. I don't know if Android as some nice stuff for that.
    Tablets like the archos 5 (archos 43 looks quite the same) are defined as media tablet so I was wondering if I was not doing a mistake (trying to do something it wasn't aim to)...

Is there devices more suitable for what I'm looking for ? (for less than 200$)

Thank you

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I don't know anything about iCal sync, but Android is designed around Google calendar and contacts sync. There are a bunch of cloud syncing note taking apps on the market (ex. AKnote, note everything, Evernote, Springpad...all free). I think it should work for you.

3. >=°>

>=°> Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Ok thanks.
    I said ical but I meant online calendar so no problem using google calendar.

I read somebody complaining that there is no much android apps available on the archos. Does it mean that some constructor restrict the access to the android market or is it a compatibility matter (than even hacking it doesn't solve) ?
    edit : ok found maybe the answer to my question. At least last year, the market was not available for non-phone devices but possible to access apps via other unofficial markets