• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Auto

Android Auto allows users with a compatible vehicle to use their vehicle's infotainment screen for Android applications like Waze, music, phone, etc. Google plays my messages, and I can reply to them using Assistant. It effectively replaces the vehicle's "assistant" with Google. Example: I'm not sure where a certain restaurant is. Rather than look it up and punch the location in my vehicle's navigation system, I just tell Google "navigate to Chief's Smokehouse" - Google will do the search, put the address in Waze (or Maps if I choose), and navigate there.

Since you say you have no need of it, you can go to Settings -- Apps -- Overflow Menu (three dots upper right) -- Show system apps and scroll to Android Auto. There you should be able to uninstall it or at least disable it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones