• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Device Manager -Google password change

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I had a Nexus 4 which I lost recently. As soon as i got to know, I changed my Google account password. (Otherwise the thief will be able to access my content).Will the Android Device Manager identify my phone now ? (Assuming the phone is online)

It identifies it by number, not account password. You have to log into Google (for the device manager or anything else) using the new password.

BTW, the thief can access almost all the content on your phone. The Google password protects your email account, your Play store account and other Google sites, but data on the phone is still on the phone. Unless you really need to get back the data on that phone, get up on the Device Manager and loxk and erase the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones