1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android email and K-9 apps querie

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by inhaliburton, Jul 24, 2013.

1. inhaliburton

inhaliburton Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Using a Note 2. How do I disable Notifications from stock email app and enable Notifications from K-9 app?
    Reason being when tapping the email notification the stock app opens rather than K-9 app.

Thanks, Paul.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I don't know the Note 2's mail app, but generally it's in the individual app's settings that you look to enable/disable notifications.

For K9 I'd guess bring up the settings then look in Account Settings > Notifications - that's the setup in Kaiten, which is a paid derivative of K9, so I'd expect the menu to be similar.

3. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    What you really need to do is disable the Email app, if you are going to use K-9. Go to settings then application manager, choose the All tab at the top of the screen. Find the Email app and choose disable. If disable isn't there, choose Uninstall Updates and then the Disable button should appear. The way you currently have it set up, you have two copies of each email on the device and that is a waste of resources.

If, for some reason, you must do it the way you asked, go into the email app, tap menu > settings and then choose each email account that you have set up and disable notifications. It is the first check box on the settings screen for each account. You have to do each and every account to get rid of notifications completely unless you disable the app as described above.

Hope this helps,
    BigRedGonzo

4. inhaliburton

inhaliburton Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Hi Hadron and BigRed, thanks for your replies. Thanks for your combined help, I think I've got things working now. No notifications from stock email app. I'm now using Kaiten, thanks to Hadron. I figured correctly that if he know and liked K-9, paid for Kaiten, then it must be a great app. Very happy with it so far.

Question:
    I have a daughter and a granddaughter that I text to. I usually send the same text to both of them at the same time. I would like to be able to "sign" one with "Dad" and the other with "Gramps." Any way to do this?