• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android email and K-9 apps querie

What you really need to do is disable the Email app, if you are going to use K-9. Go to settings then application manager, choose the All tab at the top of the screen. Find the Email app and choose disable. If disable isn't there, choose Uninstall Updates and then the Disable button should appear. The way you currently have it set up, you have two copies of each email on the device and that is a waste of resources.

If, for some reason, you must do it the way you asked, go into the email app, tap menu > settings and then choose each email account that you have set up and disable notifications. It is the first check box on the settings screen for each account. You have to do each and every account to get rid of notifications completely unless you disable the app as described above.

Hope this helps,
BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
Hi Hadron and BigRed, thanks for your replies. Thanks for your combined help, I think I've got things working now. No notifications from stock email app. I'm now using Kaiten, thanks to Hadron. I figured correctly that if he know and liked K-9, paid for Kaiten, then it must be a great app. Very happy with it so far.

Question:
I have a daughter and a granddaughter that I text to. I usually send the same text to both of them at the same time. I would like to be able to "sign" one with "Dad" and the other with "Gramps." Any way to do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones