• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android G7 slim Q

JoeL1

Lurker
Sep 7, 2019
I've had the phone for a while now and I just went in to rename a couple of pictures that I took, and once I rename them they came back as 3/4 of the picture are grayed out. This is the only time this has happened when I renamed a picture Plus I am using the gallery app that came along with the phone. Does anybody have any idea of what could be happening. There are no SIM cards or anything in the G7 so it's not a sim card problem. It only happens when I rename a picture. Thanks in advance for your help. I tried posting a picture of it but I kept on getting the error that the size of the picture was too big and it's just a plain jpeg.

how are you renaming it? are you using a file manager or your pc? i use google photos for all my pictures. it automatically syncs ti the cloud. this way i never have to worry about my photos. it also keeps your photos pretty well organized. you can add captions, but you can't rename the file. you will need a file manager for that. but for me i never saw the need to rename my pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones