• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android: is there a portable scanner connect to an android phone?

nguyenxh

Lurker
Feb 23, 2011
Hi,

I dont know whether my question is right to ask here. please advise me if I need to ask this kind of question at other areas.

I am investigating to find a right portable scanner to connect with an Android mobile phone (such as HTC Desire). After scanning a paper from a portable scanner, the mobile phone will receive the file as a pdf or jpg. That's it! This connection is either visa USB or bluetooth?

Would this be possible to do? Which portable scanner is applicable?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
We released an app that let's you connect many different mobile USB scanners to your Android tablet. The Fujitsu Scansnap 1100, the Brother DS 600, the Cannon ImageFORMULA P-150 all work well. We've tested on th Acer Iconia Tab A500, the Motorola Xoom, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" and 10" (with the USB adapter), and the Asus Transformer Prime. It should work on any tablet running 3.2 and later. It also works on phones that run Android 4.x.

Search Google Play app store for "Accusoft USB Scanner". There is a trial version so you can test it if you already have a scanner.

Tom

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones