• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Mail Inbox Problem

shaudods

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
This may have been answered some where but I searched for a while and never found a concrete answer. For my exchange email account (work email), I have rules set in outlook so that when, for example, a friend emails me, their email is automatically put in a "Friends" folder when it arrives to my inbox. My issue with Android mail is that I never receive a notification for those emails and on top of that, I have to physically go to the folder that the email is in and "sync" that folder in order to make them show up. This is somewhat annoying coming from a blackberry where there was a unified inbox that showed all new emails not matter what folder it was moved to by outlook. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones