1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android not accessing webpages via 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Howski, May 26, 2011.

1. Howski

Howski Lurker

Hi,

Bit of an odd one here. I have a Desire-Z (although I don't think this is a handset issue) and recently I can no longer access any webpages while connected via 3G. Oddly enough the internet does work, I can connect to google talk, gmail, facebook - all apps can access but I can not browse to a webpage. Making it even worse I can browse any webapge fine when on a WLAN.

I have tried both the standard browser and skyfire and get the same issue. There must be a setting somewhere that is causing this. Any ideas?

I do have APNdroid installed and powerbar which can effect the connectivity but I used them with my hero and had no issues.

Android version is 2.2.1 and there has recently been a phone update from HTC.

Help!!
    Thanks
    -Howard

2. monophobia

monophobia Lurker

I don't have a solution but I have the same problem as well and then some. I cannot connect via data package, unlike howard I cannot use apps such as facebook and weather, but I can use wireless. I hope some1 can help us

3. panda15

panda15 Lurker

I have a silimar problem with my phone although I can access webpages via 3g and not wifi despite other devices in the household working :mad:

4. monophobia

monophobia Lurker

I talk to a tech support guy today and he said to try using a different sim card, he said mine was outta date and that I should go to t mobile and have them transfer mt contacts to a4g sim card so I will try that saturday and let everybody know how it worked out

HTC Desire Z Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews