• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android phone with excellant google maps navigation

networkuser

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
friends,

i am more interested in travelling, so navigation is the main requirement from my end, which android phone will be best suitable for using google maps with excellant navigation , mainly it shouldnt get hung at times.
also in a reasonable cost.
please let me knew few models .
thanks
bsb:thinking:

i think you need to give us some more detail...
as to where you might be traveling...

the real problem is: data access.
for all the needed info.. you need data.
if you are going off your carrier's grid.. then you got issues..
google maps can cache some info for you, but it is limiting..

then there is battery life...
will you be in your car and access to a power??

then there is screen size... bigger is better for maps/navigation

GPS is always available because it is from satellites..

Upvote 0
thanks friends, here are the details from my side...

mostly i travel in south india, espcially most of the places in tamilnadu.
also couple of places in AP and karnataka, i mean the tourist spots in south india.

recently i found that my fried tried with nokia and ovi was quite good.

but i dont think nothing can beat google maps.

so i more concern abt GPS navigation usings google maps which android is the best stuff for using it.

i beleive the mobile should have a good processor and ram to avoid hanging issues.

while using in car, i can have the charger connected as navigation sucks battery power which is a known case.

i dont want to waste money in buying a standalone navigator box for 10 - 13k that too the maps which is not efficient in finding the best path or direction.

thanks again
BSB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones