• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Pre-Installed Calendar: Mysterious Self-Duplicating Appointments

I have a very strange issue with the Android, pre-installed calendar. This is the calendar I used primarily, that is until it suddenly developed the issue of when I create a new appointment and save it, it suddenly populates that day with tons of duplicates of that appointment.

And when I set any type of notification, of course, each appears at once, making my phone useless until I spend tons of time deleting each duplicated appointment! Right now, I have disabled the damn' thing, but I really like the functionality of the app. Does anybody have a fix here? I chatted with Verizon, and the suggestions they made, making sure the appropriate sync features are checked under my Google account, but it still does the same thing! Pls advise.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones