• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android system recovery <3e problem

uqzepy

Lurker
Jul 7, 2015
Hi I have a LG F100S (LG OPTIMUS VU)

The phone is restarting itself sometimes and after uninstalling programs and files the programs and files are coming back. I also tried uninstalling from google play but programs keep coming back. Also my phone is giving warning as Unfortunately xxx. program.stopped.

I tried safe boot by pressing long to turn off and the device asked me to confirm safe boot but the restart was not in safe boot.
I moved the battery and placed it back (the battery is not removable its attached with a screw)

I try factroy reset from the app menu but it didnt worked as well.

I tried to delete files from settings - storage but files came back.

I tried to hard reset by key combination but i recieved the dead android robot with a caution mark in a triangle in his chest.

I tried to go in to recovery menu by pressing home touch button and I have the Android system Recovery E3 screen as:

Volume up/down to move highlight:
enter button to select

reboot sytem now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I can highlight these options with volume keys where as I cant select it. I tried all of the buttons on my phone but can not be able to select any of these options.

My phone is not rooted. I also used LG Mobile Support tool to update my firmware from V40C to V40E the process done without anyproblems but when the phone restarted the firmware was same as 4oC.

My problem is my phone seem to be in a kind of boot loop. Maybe the clean master is causing the problam or some other software
I can use my phone for hours only I am receiving unfortunatelly.xxx.program.stopped.

hope I can take some help.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones