• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android update today?

WakaWife954

Lurker
Mar 14, 2010
My evo got an update today and it changed market and installed a blockbuster, kindle, and Nova app. I don't want any of these and can't delete from market or from settings. what the hell?

& i posted before that my G1 and evo were both under the same email and I wasn't getting gmail notifications on the evo. Well yesterday i ported the g1 number to the evo and turned off the G1. I still have to call tmobile and cancel but i'm still not getting notifications on my evo. Anybody have any ideas why?

My evo got an update today and it changed market and installed a blockbuster, kindle, and Nova app. I don't want any of these and can't delete from market or from settings. what the hell?

& i posted before that my G1 and evo were both under the same email and I wasn't getting gmail notifications on the evo. Well yesterday i ported the g1 number to the evo and turned off the G1. I still have to call tmobile and cancel but i'm still not getting notifications on my evo. Anybody have any ideas why?

with the update u also get swype

Upvote 0
Unfortunately sometimes carriers install bloatware and there is no way to uninstall it unless you root.

Exactly.

i posted before that my G1 and evo were both under the same email and I wasn't getting gmail notifications on the evo. Well yesterday i ported the g1 number to the evo and turned off the G1. I still have to call tmobile and cancel but i'm still not getting notifications on my evo. Anybody have any ideas why?

Well the reason why you werent getting them, is because you cna only have one phone with a gmail account. If your have two, it will only go to the first one. If your G1, is off, then you should be getting gmail on your evo. Have you tried rebooting the evo?

Upvote 0
I don't have swype with this update (thank god) am i supposed to activate it or something?

and the G1 is off, i didn't think about restarting the phone, i went into the sync settings and synced gmail and it alerted me i had an email but that was the only time. I just restarted the phone lets see if it works.

And i'm sorry, but this may not be the right section to ask this question but what are the benefits of rooting your phone???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones