• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Widget: Picture Frame

I have the exact same problem and was seeing if anyone had solutions to it on here yesterday. Didn't find any.

I would use the HTC picture frame which I like the looks of better, but it always leaves a black bar at the top and bottom of the pic in the frame which looks stupid. This is why I use the Android picture frame. But it is annoying when your phone gets reset, you have to re-do them each time.

Would love a solution to either of those two problems. :thinking:

Upvote 0
This is because HTC has implemented a custom home screen for allowing animations for their nifty widgets. In doing this they do some odd things in the backend that makes some widgets configure incorrectly on restart and when using the profiles function. It seems the google app doesn't deal with the oddities.

Upvote 0
I don't get any black bars in the HTC photo frame widget.

The picture I am using was taken with the phone, phone was in a vertical position. So perhaps the issues you have are related to the how the photo was taken. It could be trying to scrunch a picture not taken by the phone, or taken in the horizontal position into the frame. Just like a movie with black bars. Hope this makes sense, I am really sick today and my cognation is weak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones