1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Animated screen rotation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n3fih, Jan 5, 2010.

1. n3fih

n3fih Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I feel foolish as all get-out, but I have managed to put the screen on my Eris into an animated rotation mode. I.e. instead of snapping from horizontal to vertical, it rocks from side to side for a annoying period of time. I can't find the setting under 'display' Help!

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    i this the fancy animations that are set in the spare parts app?

3. n3fih

n3fih Member

Dec 12, 2009
    THANK YOU! I had removed the app shortly after installing it, but it appears removing the app didn't restore the setting. I reinstalled it, and cleared the setting.

4. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Dang, and I knew the answer to this one! You're just too fast - clearly you need to spend more time working... :)

That's interesting that it's settings remain behind after the app is deleted.
    Caddy, remember that, it'll come up again some day (and you'll see the post before I do).

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    Isn't spare parts designed to give access to features that are already on the device? I think that is the reason the settings would be left behind after an uninstall.

6. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I believe that to be true too, however *I* have never seen that particular setting, outside of Spare Parts. So needing to reload the app to change a setting is not something that's going to occur to many folks.