• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any comic book reader, any Shoen jump fans?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Archie Comics are #1 Archie Comics

invisible archie GIF by Archie Comics

Upvote 0
I sold my Mad books on Ebay. I don't recall now but I remember that I was amazed at the number of people bidding and the price they eventually paid for my collection. You might be surprised at what your comic books bring.

When my father passed, I sold his collection of early Playboy magazines. Talk about a gold mine.

I invested heavily in vinyl records. I loved rock and bought most everything that fell into that genre through the seventies. I haven't a player any more and they sit as a collection my children can sell.
I have over 600 LPs that all have their original art and were played with a quality player. I have a copy of all of the Beatle LPs still factory sealed.

Upvote 0
I've seen some comic books on Pawn Stars go for a few hundred dollars.

I had a Magnavox Odyssey 2 game console, I put the games that I spent $34 to $44 per game cartridge on eBay and I had two guys bidding on them. I thought it was bogus bidding at first, but they paid between $50 to $80 for the game cartridges.

Upvote 0
I sold my wife's older brothers toys on Ebay. He had a bunch of tin lithographed buildings and store fronts.. all western cowboy stuff and in mint condition. That stuff brought big bucks. Then I was asked if I had the western people that went with the sets. I had tossed them in a rented commercial dumpster but I went dumpster diving in my own dumpster and recovered a couple of shoe boxes full of figures. It turned out that I had the left handed hero they were looking for and that little plastic guy sold for over three hundred bucks. He was the only left handed gunfighter figure made in the mid fifties. It's best to let buyers set the going price on stuff. One man's trash is another's treasure.

I didn't have a lot of toys growing up and when I out grew them they weren't stored in my parents attic. I tossed firecrackers at them and plinked them with my BB gun. When I was done with them they were done. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones