• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying 2.1 bug

mgillespie

Mar 5, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hopefully Froyo will fix it.

When I am on a call, sometimes I press Back rather than Hang Up. The call continues, the display goes off, and it's impossible to get the phone back on again, pressing On, the screen lights up for a while then goes off again. I have to wait for the other user to hang up :-(

Anyone else see this major annoyance?

Can't you just hit the 'Phone' button to get right back to the call where you can then tap 'End Call'? I do this all the time if I'm in a call and need to access something, I'll hit the Home button to get to the app I need and if I need to hang up I just tap 'Phone' and 'End Call'.
Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Hopefully Froyo will fix it.

When I am on a call, sometimes I press Back rather than Hang Up. The call continues, the display goes off, and it's impossible to get the phone back on again, pressing On, the screen lights up for a while then goes off again. I have to wait for the other user to hang up :-(

Anyone else see this major annoyance?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones