• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying Audio Jack Feature

Smak

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
I am looking for a way to stop my phone from doing things when I plug in cables to the headphone jack. If I use my 3.5mm to RCA cables to connect my phone to my audio system (Home or Car) my phone starts up DoubleTwist or other apps and starts playing songs. This is real annoying and if I force kill the auto started app it just restarts it repeatedly. Sometimes it even starts calling the last number in my call list.

I am looking for a way to stop my phone from doing things when I plug in cables to the headphone jack. If I use my 3.5mm to RCA cables to connect my phone to my audio system (Home or Car) my phone starts up DoubleTwist or other apps and starts playing songs. This is real annoying and if I force kill the auto started app it just restarts it repeatedly. Sometimes it even starts calling the last number in my call list.

Yeah mine does that too.

Its due to the fact that the top of the phone where the jack is located is rounded causing anything you plug into it to not get a full connection and is prone to picking up interference...... my guess anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones