• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying notification

MC6060

Jun 9, 2021
My wife has Samsung A22, just recently she has this notification popping up (see attachment), it is trying to get her to download antivirus from a website. As you can see she already has AVG installed on her phone. I ran the AVG but it did not get rid of it, if you clear the notification, it comes back immediately.
How can I get rid of this?

Attachments

• IMG-20230710-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20230710-WA0019.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 90
If you expand he notification does it tell you what app it's from? I see the string "evee..." in the notifications, but that's not enough to guess from.

My guess is that it's some app you've installed (or, if you are very unlucky, a service provider installed). It may not have happened when first installed, there have been cases of apps being installed for a long time then adding crap in an update. AVG won't help with this notification if the app responsible isn't actually identified as malware, so finding out what app is producing the notification is the first step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones