• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

another iPhone user wanting to go Android... but...

robink

Lurker
Jun 11, 2009
OK I know 3 days ago there was a thread similar to this and you guys really helped him out so I was wondering if you could do the same for me, please!!

I heart T-mobile and have used a hacked iPhone on it for quite awhile now. It's slow and I would just rather have a carrier native phone if it had all of the features. The iPhone is great hacked but slow due to virtual memory. While going through the apps these are the ones that I use that you guys didn't mention on the last thread. (and the Android Market home page has limited apps showing)

a checkbook app - I use my check card everywhere and like to enter transactions in my phone

a password/credit card secure app - to store my 20 million passwords from work and credit card numbers so I can buy stuff online without my purse.

Yelp - I love yelp.... I know there are other apps like it or at least I think there are but what about Yelp itself?

Journal - I have a livejournal app that syncs to my livejournal account

USAA banking app

fast food restaurants nutritional information

Pandora (I know Imeem is good so I guess I can deal with that.)

OpenTable - to make instant restaurant reservations

REWARDSCARDS!!! This is a must, I have tons of cards on my phone so I don't have to carry the cards in my purse (CVS, albertsons, Borders, bebe etc..)... It is so great to have them scan the bar code on my phone without searching through my purse.

Kindle??? If I forget my kindle I like to read it from my phone

What about games, are the games good? Thanks.... I appreciate it, I want to be free to download updates to my phone's firmware!

OK I know 3 days ago there was a thread similar to this and you guys really helped him out so I was wondering if you could do the same for me, please!!

I heart T-mobile and have used a hacked iPhone on it for quite awhile now. It's slow and I would just rather have a carrier native phone if it had all of the features. The iPhone is great hacked but slow due to virtual memory. While going through the apps these are the ones that I use that you guys didn't mention on the last thread. (and the Android Market home page has limited apps showing)

a checkbook app - I use my check card everywhere and like to enter transactions in my phone

a password/credit card secure app - to store my 20 million passwords from work and credit card numbers so I can buy stuff online without my purse.

Yelp - I love yelp.... I know there are other apps like it or at least I think there are but what about Yelp itself?

Journal - I have a livejournal app that syncs to my livejournal account

USAA banking app

fast food restaurants nutritional information

Pandora (I know Imeem is good so I guess I can deal with that.)

OpenTable - to make instant restaurant reservations

REWARDSCARDS!!! This is a must, I have tons of cards on my phone so I don't have to carry the cards in my purse (CVS, albertsons, Borders, bebe etc..)... It is so great to have them scan the bar code on my phone without searching through my purse.

Kindle??? If I forget my kindle I like to read it from my phone

What about games, are the games good? Thanks.... I appreciate it, I want to be free to download updates to my phone's firmware!

it's hard to say what apps would work for you but there are similar apps to all of what your looking for... if you want you can search the entire android app store here : Cyrket - Android Market Browser and as far as firmware goes if you stay "stock" you get the updates pushed OTA (over the air) and have the choice of upgrading if you are rooted aka jailbroken you can update to one of MANY builds when ever you feel like it and yes they are all free... hope that helps a little....

Upvote 0
Where has Yelp built into it.

Keyring has all you club cards. You just shoot it with the bar code scanner and it creates club cards.

Check book stuff there are several on the market. I use Loot personally.

KEY Ring is wiping my Ahome settings out after each exit from it !!! :(
Sent Developer and email whave not heard from dev yet ...

Upvote 0
i have been using the iphone for a week and tried out the my touch.. i couldnt do it.. its much smaller..cheaper feeling.. apps were very very similar. i did fall in love with one. but it was not enough to make me keep it... i have the 2g on a data plan with tmobile and it works fine for me.. speed is fine.. not super fast but not slow either... i guess its a matter of preference..

does anyone know if there is an app for iphone that is the same as the calorie counter barcode scanner app on mytouch? i loved being able to scan the barcode adn get nutrition info...

i may end up with the my touch after the next upgrade though... i do like having a tmobile phone rather than a hack.. but i do love my iphone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones