1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Any evidence of hardware issues on S7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peterh337, Apr 12, 2016.

1. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2015
    Male
    I am delaying the purchase of the S7 because I want to wait till they implement any hardware fixes.

They are doing a whole load of software fixes but thus far I have not heard of issues which look like hardware. The camera in particular seems to work, which is about the only reason I want to upgrade from the S6.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Most of the issues seem to be isolated to individual units and generally software related. Given this situation, I highly doubt it Samsung will be going through the fairly intensive manufacturing process of hardware changes to the camera. There are 2 different vendor sources for sensors with the Sony version being touted in some locations as superior.

Nyadia1614 likes this.
  3. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2015
    Male
    What about the bluetooth messing up wifi?

A lot of people don't use BT but those with hands free car systems do (myself included). I've been reading up on this issue and it seems inconclusive. If there is interference, that could be an issue which can't be fixed in software.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    ^^^^^
    THIS!

You're always gonna hear the worst on the internet,it's human nature,people don't typically join or log-in to these sites unless they have a problem.

If you're waiting for a phone w/o any user complaints,you'll never have a new phone.............
    Pick a phone & if it's not up to par,you'll know soon enough,well within most retailers buyers remorse/return period expires.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  5. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Here again, it seems to be more for software issues and is not present in vast majority of S7's. I believe most forums of this type tend to be focused on issues and the true magnitude of problems can easily be misread. Keep in mind that many US carriers and their bloatware can easily cause software problems. Frankly, if the majority of users are not having an issue it's difficult to blame hardware. Is always the luck of the draw, but, I believe, that hardware redesign will only be undertaken if serious and highly persistent problems occur. None of the forums/articles/reviews show any signs of such potential hardware issues.

Damn! KOLIO you clearly type faster and are always more to the point than I am.

KOLIO likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Thank SwiftKey for that,not just the fast typing,but,the predictive text is eerily accurate............. :eek:

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.