• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Former Palm Pre Owners? Comparing Features

Don't think I'd even remember how to use a Pre any more.

A friend of mine still has her Pre. She handed it to me the other day and HOLY FRIKKIN CRAP it felt like a tiny little toy in my hands, lmao. Funny thing is, when I got the Pre my first thought was that it feels really good in my hand and was just the right size.

And yeah, I could barely remember how to do anything.

Upvote 0
I miss synergy and the combined mailboxes.

Tried to forward an email to a text message and couldn't do it the other day.

I also prefer the cards and swiping to the long press of the home button.

So I'm going to bite the bullet and replace my Pre tomorrow. Getting an Epic, instead of the EVO I had planned to get, so I can still have a hardware keyboard. I know this is the EVO forum, but this thread is mostly about software, and my specific question definitely is.

The combined mailboxes really is not an issue for me, because I really only have 1 inbox I regularly interact with. But I am wondering if Android supports any form of contact aggregation as well, specifically with external sites like LinkedIn. Most of my contacts are in Yahoo, and a few are in my Palm profile because they were transferred from my old phone into there, but it's nice being able to seamlessly access LinkedIn/Yahoo/Palm contacts when sending an email or text, or making a call. Is there anything remotely like that in Android?

Thanks,
-- robert

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones