• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any idea about the alternative to my stock web browser?

James_Watson

Android Enthusiast
  • Dec 8, 2014
    okblackcafe.blogspot.com
    Hi,

I am going to install and try Firefox web browser on my mobile. Have some guys installed and used it indeed? Does it work well?
    I am looking for a safe, reliable,and lightweight alternative to the stock web browser on my phone.

By the way, on the Firefox official web site, I found two browser for mobile, Firefox mobile and Firefox Focus. So, I wonder what's the difference between them and which one I should select.

Thanks in advance. Any comments will be appreciated.

Firefox is the regular, full featured browser. Focus is lightweight, privacy-oriented. So if you want tabs, a collection of bookmarks, to keep tabs open between sessions, etc, then regular Firefox. If you want something that will very quickly open links while sharing minimum information and not keeping a history, use Focus.

Reactions: James_Watson
    Upvote 0
    Firefox is the regular, full featured browser. Focus is lightweight, privacy-oriented. So if you want tabs, a collection of bookmarks, to keep tabs open between sessions, etc, then regular Firefox. If you want something that will very quickly open links while sharing minimum information and not keeping a history, use Focus.
    Now it's clear to me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones