• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any of you guys experience this

I've finally warmed up to the cliq after trying to get used to it from my iphone. But there are some things that this phone needs improvement on. I had to take off couple of time killing games that I installed on my phone because of how inaccurate the touchscreen is. Also, the side phone lock/power button doesnt respond all the time. Sometimes I have to hit the button several times in order to get the screen to shut off. I went on to google maps to check the local traffic and "my location" was off by a good amount of distance. The lag that there is between switching screens isn't that bad but it is there. Any of you guys have any of these problems and also, any of you tmobile customers paying the $2 amonth lifetime motorola insurance? I just wanna make sure that it wasn't just a ploy to tack on more to my bill

$2 a month lifetime motorola insurance? I haven't heard of that one... I mean I have the phone insurance thing on my plan... lol if the cliq needs a special type of insurance, I'm a little scared!

I have had the issues with the screen shutting off... either I can't get it to shut off by pressing the button or it decides to do it on its own and the screen isn't as accurate as it could be... I don't know what you could use to fix that as far as game wise but I use the TouchPal keyboard that I found online on xda-developers. It was pulled from the HTC hero I believe... it's sooooo much better then the stock keyboard as far as accuracy and all that other stuff goes...

Upvote 0
As for the touch screen issue, I've found the majority of my problems to be with oily/sweaty fingers and the smudges they leave. Solution : screen protector!

I haven't had any issues with my lock button, though sometimes I've had the screen turn on by itself after I locked it. Didn't happen again though.

For Google Maps, make sure you have the GPS on if you want accurate location information. Otherwise it'll try to locate you by triangulating your position via network towers, hence the inaccurate positioning. The GPS does kill battery big time though, so be sure to turn it back off.

Finally for lag, try downloading Taskiller or something similar for killing tasks. You'll find that after a while a bunch of apps that aren't being used just stay open, so it's nice to be able to kill them off when you find the phone lagging. Personally I use Taskiller which has a convenient "Kill All" widget that I've put on the far right home screen. Whenever I feel the phone slowing up, I just scroll over and boom, it runs lighter than a feather.

Upvote 0
Well I am having another issue with the phone and thats when I turn it off and on, it resends ever text message convo to the person that I had it with. Tmo said that they don't see a service fault but we'll see what happens when I get back.

As far as taskkiller, using it will just ends the process and doesn't stop it from working completley? I'll give that a try when I get back with the new phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones