• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any Tango experts out there?

At Game7

Lurker
Oct 23, 2011
I want to use Tango on my Bionic (which I have successfully installed) and also use it on a PC so I can talk with my kids when I am on the road.

When I go to install it on my PC it asks for a mobile number. Obviously I don't want to use MY mobile number because I doubt I can call myself (or can I)?

Should I use my wife's mobile number even though she does not have a smartphone? Will that change anything about her phone (IE interrupt regular calls, add a data package to her account, etc...)?

I gotta believe this can be done, I guess I just don't know how. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello At Game7,

If you would like to make a Tango call from your phone to your PC, please feel free to register your PC with a secondary phone number such as your home phone number, or wife's mobile number. The number that you decide to register your PC with will be used as the form of contact for you to make Tango calls to.

Please keep in mind, if you decide to register your PC with your wife's mobile number, all of her friends that have her mobile number on their phone, will now see her as a Tango user in the Tango application. Registering her number in Tango does not change anything on her regular cell phone and does not interrupt her regular phone calls. If they attempt to call her through Tango, it will ring the PC (not her phone).

For more general information on how to use Tango, please visit Tango Support Center

Hope this helps!

Reactions: goldz28
Upvote 0
Hi Lars,

Great question! Registering your email address is useful because it adds another way for your friends and family to find you through Tango. Like your phone number, if your friend has your email address in their address book, they will be able to find see you in their Tango contacts list and be able to call you.

It is certainly possible for you to register your home number as the social identifier for users to call your PC. However, since home numbers can't receive the SMS, in order for users to verify their home numbers registration, they will have to contact Tango Support to have it done manually.

Reactions: goldz28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones