• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to check if powered on without pressing power button?

davidhart99

Lurker
Dec 10, 2010
I usually turn my phone off in the evening before I go to sleep. Sometimes I forget whether I did so. If I press the power button and the phone was off, it starts up again. Not what I wanted!

Is there any way to have the notification light flash to indicate that the power is on? Any other way to do this?

Thanks.

Yes, I felt sort of dumb that there would be such an easy solution, but as noted this does not work on this phone. I can look into a locking app but am not sure I will do it just to address this issue.

Too bad they don't give an option to have the notification light flash once in a while when powered on. I doubt that it would eat much battery, and knowing the Android gurus, they would make the frequency of the flashing configurable of course!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones