1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any way to fix the vibrator?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CXXV, Aug 10, 2010.

1. CXXV

CXXV Android Enthusiast

Is there any way to make the vibrator stronger. As is it's totally useless.

Can't feel it at all, even in my shirt pocket.

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert

I agree, its not a very powerful vibrate. But there isn't much you can do. It isn't a Motorola (they put very loud and powerful vibrators in their phones).

3. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Android Enthusiast

I really have nothing to add, but this thread made me laugh.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

To be honest, I did too when I first saw the thread title. I thought, how does this relate to the Eris?

5. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Heh, that's funny, because I thought immediately of the crappy vibrate feature of the Eris and then thought, "heh, he said vibrator".

Seriously though, the vibration (or lack thereof) is pitiful on this thing. I too wish there was some way to improve it. Unfortunately, it's likely more of a hardware issue than anything else. The only software solution I've found is to use a 3rd-party app that allows you to set up different vibration patterns for different notifications. It really isn't a solution but it can help a little.

6. kar0la420

kar0la420 Member

I'm using smart vibrator app. You can customize the vibration pattern for incoming calls and texts. It doesn't make the vibration stronger but depending on your pattern it will help you be more aware of the incoming call/text. The app is free in the market.

7. pavirotten

pavirotten Android Enthusiast

I read the thread title and laughed as well. I thought the mods would have to limit access to this thread.

8. Put a fresh set of D batteries in 'em.

9. Bishop

Bishop Android Enthusiast

Smart Vibrator is what I use, cuz I wasn't satisfied with my vibrator either.....that just don't sound right :(

But the way I set my vibration patterns made it harder for me to not notice my phone vibrating.

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Well, you did have something to add: the laugh, which made me laugh more. :D

11. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Android Enthusiast

I love the title!!! ROFL!!!

12. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Back on-topic.. I'd recommend a new one.

[​IMG]

13. byteware

byteware Android Expert

I guess it all depends on what you are using it for... now doesn't it?:eek:

14. byteware

byteware Android Expert

D batteries? That's some serious hardware.

15. pavirotten

pavirotten Android Enthusiast

I've heard that a nine volt fits better.

16. Cucumbers and zucchinis work the best.

They say these work too: [​IMG]

17. Demache

Demache Android Expert

18. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

Oh good Lord! Yeah...vibrator on this thing is useless whether you need it for business or for pleasure. :-D

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews