• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to improve performance without constantly factory resetting to get it to work accordingly?

koolsk8ter111

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2011
I notice there's a strange bug with all of the android devices that I've owned no matter what version. Whenever a factory reset is necessary, It seems like there's always a permanent change in performance after each factory reset. What I mean by this is, after each factory reset, you'll either get one of the variations or a combination of, choppy app/browser performance with a smooth less laggy keyboard, a laggy keyboard with delayed inaccurate typing but smooth scrolling in apps and web browsers, buttery smooth animations, laggy/jittery animations, slight touch screen lag, super responsive touch screen with everything else being wonky/sluggish/jittery, phone running generally warm, phone running generally cool, etc. The point is, I can't get a consistent performance with my android phones after I factory restore them, like I have to sacrifice the performance in one aspect in favor of others, in this case, I resetted my G5 over 15 times and I still haven't been able to get it to work like how it did out of the box. Clearing the cache does jack with most issues. Should I keep factory resetting until the phone works the way I want it to, even if I have to do it another 50 times? Surely there's someone else out there who notices this issue that's been plaguing android for years.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones