• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to search the calendar?

I agree, still drives me crazy that something SO basic was left out. I think it must be due to the fact that the PRO is the first Droid clearly aimed at Professionals who probably use the calendar function more than the music player (at least I do), so calendar functionality is a little wanting.

I overcame this by downloading "Powersearch" from the Android Market which allows searching of pretty much anything on your Droid (bookmarks, contacts, calendar entries, etc). Great app, but pretty sad that an app had to be created to do this.....

Reactions: snowball
Upvote 0
On a HTC (OS2.1 & 2.2) I can use the search function with a calendar. Also, I can use the main search function from the home page (the search button). As noted above, you may need to add calendar to the searchable items list. From the home page press Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items. Make sure Calendar is ticked.

What device/OS have you?

Upvote 0
I purchased the Pro for business use, and yes, I definitely use the calendar more than the music player! Unfortunately I also found the stock calendar lacking, and broke down and purchased Touchdown.

While by no means perfect, it at least syncs tasks with Exchange, and allows the use of categories in the calendar, which is important to me. It also has a search option, which I haven't used that much on my Pro, but is still a nice feature to have.

A completely unexpected benefit of Touchdown was the ability to program the times of the day I wanted it to shut down my corporate email. As much as I absolutely hated paying $20 for the app, it was very worth it to automatically not have work email coming in at night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones