• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody ever got Tiger arcade emulator to work?

The only game i got working was the first Metal slug. Im very shocked it even runs a a very fair speed on the OM. Mines is rooted but not OCd but still! But it seems like no other games work. Wouldnt it make sense for the developer to make a How to video to stop all the confusion? Very good emulator but dev seems to be not supporting it right -__-

The only game i got working was the first Metal slug. Im very shocked it even runs a a very fair speed on the OM. Mines is rooted but not OCd but still! But it seems like no other games work. Wouldnt it make sense for the developer to make a How to video to stop all the confusion? Very good emulator but dev seems to be not supporting it right -__-

Well tiger quit doing it after the app was taken from the market. It's a very good MAME emulator, and I've gotten all the metal slugs to work except for 3... (idk y it won't work, probably a bad rom copy?) Either way, tiger doesn't add anything to it now far as I know. And to get games working, u need the neogeo bios in the same folder as the roms you plan to run. Have u done that so far?

Upvote 0
Well tiger quit doing it after the app was taken from the market. It's a very good MAME emulator, and I've gotten all the metal slugs to work except for 3... (idk y it won't work, probably a bad rom copy?) Either way, tiger doesn't add anything to it now far as I know. And to get games working, u need the neogeo bios in the same folder as the roms you plan to run. Have u done that so far?

Ok after painfully searching for roms and trying them i finally found a working Metal Slug 2 and Metal slug X. Im most excited i got Metal Slug X working. (my day is made!) Havent played it in years. Too bad Metal Slug 2 just has natural slow down. Makes it really annoying you know :/

Upvote 0
Ok after painfully searching for roms and trying them i finally found a working Metal Slug 2 and Metal slug X. Im most excited i got Metal Slug X working. (my day is made!) Havent played it in years. Too bad Metal Slug 2 just has natural slow down. Makes it really annoying you know :/

Oh believe me, i know. Hence why i love my esteem to death now, no lag. ^^ but there was something i could do to lower the lag a bit... ill have to find the .zip i used that slightly affected the performance overall. :) (also try putting your phone is airplane mode. Noticed it would slow down if sending background data or receiving message.)

Upvote 0
Oh believe me, i know. Hence why i love my esteem to death now, no lag. ^^ but there was something i could do to lower the lag a bit... ill have to find the .zip i used that slightly affected the performance overall. :) (also try putting your phone is airplane mode. Noticed it would slow down if sending background data or receiving message.)

Thats why im upgrading my phone soon if an OC kernel doesnt come for 2.2.2 lol. But i got all 5 Metal slugs to work. Its either the 2 sites im thinking of but i can post them here. Kinda disappointed wit MS3. That has slow down 2 :/ And oh yeah i got Final Fight to work also :)

Upvote 0
Thats why im upgrading my phone soon if an OC kernel doesnt come for 2.2.2 lol. But i got all 5 Metal slugs to work. Its either the 2 sites im thinking of but i can post them here. Kinda disappointed wit MS3. That has slow down 2 :/ And oh yeah i got Final Fight to work also :)

Try bobzhome's cm7. has changes from 2.2.2. Kernel and is OC'd.

Upvote 0
Thanks alot man. Im goin to try that asap. I been wanting to OC for months!

Np, i remember my optimus days when id strangle any all performance i could get out of it. Its had a very rough run for a phone, but its been good. Issue is, too slow for me and too small for my fingers.. (itd hurt to do pretty much anything on it.. carpal tunnel...) so i didnt have much choice in the matter but i would have done it anyways, just not as soon as i did. Anyway, glad i could help.

Reactions: Duke 505
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones