• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having major GPS problems?

pantlesspenguin

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2010
Overland Park, KS
I've been testing out my GPS the past couple days and it's nearly unusable. The lock doesn't hold for long, and when it does it's not accurate. I tried a factory reset and that didn't help. I'm hoping it's just a fluke. I plan to exchange my Note for a new one as soon as T-Mo gets more in.

Is anyone else having problems with their GPS?

It's been my experience that people in the forums aren't a bit shy about bringing up any problem with a device :)

So I don't think it's just that people aren't talking about it for some reason or another. It's more likely that nobody else is having the problem and has nothing to offer.
You did kind of shoot down the first person to offer help - yes, I see the smile you put there, but he did suggest something that you hadn't specifically said you'd already tried.

There are various 'GPS Fix' apps in the store, have you tried one of those?
While I personally don't think that should be necessary on a new device, if it fixes the problem then you can be a happy camper.

Reactions: pantlesspenguin
Upvote 0
It's been my experience that people in the forums aren't a bit shy about bringing up any problem with a device :)

So I don't think it's just that people aren't talking about it for some reason or another. It's more likely that nobody else is having the problem and has nothing to offer.
You did kind of shoot down the first person to offer help - yes, I see the smile you put there, but he did suggest something that you hadn't specifically said you'd already tried.

There are various 'GPS Fix' apps in the store, have you tried one of those?
While I personally don't think that should be necessary on a new device, if it fixes the problem then you can be a happy camper.

No I hadn't! I didn't even know they made such a thing! I just downloaded one and I'll try it on my commute home. Hopefully this works! Thanks!

Upvote 0
try one of the many GPS apps that show exactly how many satellites you are connecting to. you could get a better picture of what your GPS is doing.

I did the GPS Test one (first time I've had to use that app since the Vibrant!) and it shows like 10ish in use out of 23ish and it's constantly fluctuating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones