• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else notice how crappy the audio is in the camcorder?

Nabraham

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2009
Went to Rock on the Range over the weekend, recorded quite a few videos and the audio is absolutely terrible....all you can really hear is static noise from the crowd. You can make out the songs a bit but nothing great, my buddy was rocking a nokia 5800 xpress and the video and audio on it are amazing compared to the Eris.

Pretty disappointing, anyone else experience this or have any tips to make it better?

Thanks.

wow you're right, I just recorded a conversation last night in a bar to show the phone off... standing inches away from my friend. The bar wasn't overcrowded and not that loud... All you can hear is static and background noise, and you can't even make out the words we're saying and we're literally right next to the phone...

Upvote 0
I actually found this out yesterday as well... i recorded a bands acoustic set (it probably didn't help that I was standing so close to the speakers) but the audio was absolutely unbearable... I thought it would be cool to post on youtube since it was a special set (not for the general public) but I would be embarrassed to post something with such crappy sound...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones