• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else waiting for Passion?

I Bought my Moto Droid on launch day (Nov 6th) from Best Buy. Does anyone know if I return it within the 30 days do I have to take a different phone? Or will my upgrade status be reverted to prior to purchase status? I think I want the Passion instead, I just don't like the keyboard and I think the sense UI will make a lot of difference to me.

Upvote 0
you will get your NE2 or w/e other discount back, your data plan will be pro rated, and you won't have to pay a restocking fee (unlike if you exchange). hope this helps.

Its exchanges for other phones that gets the restocking fee?

That explains why I've never came across this when returning phones.

P.S. Don't wait till the day before a new phone comes out to return. Sometimes your NE2 discount does not show up right away again on your account.

Upvote 0
Its exchanges for other phones that gets the restocking fee?

That explains why I've never came across this when returning phones.

P.S. Don't wait till the day before a new phone comes out to return. Sometimes your NE2 discount does not show up right away again on your account.

that is correct.... only exchanges have the restocking fee... and its also correct you shouldn't return the day of... at least 3 days to avoid the restocking fee

Upvote 0
I too am waiting for the Passion to replace my BB Storm. I've been drooling every since I saw the HD2 and was praying for an Android version. I'm a long time Blackberry user and the Storm was the last straw, the absolute worst smartphone I have ever owned, RIM just never got the OS right. This will be my 1st Android phone and I am looking forward to the 4" screen.

My iPhone 3GS is a keeper which might be an unpopular choice around here, but since it's jailbroken and unlocked, it does just about everything right. AT&T however drives me nuts. I can't wait for the Passion!!!!!!

If its unlocked why the hell are you still on AT&T ?

Upvote 0
What do you mean? I think it would be better if he went to T-Mobile because their 3g is faster and not crowded like AT&T
Unless the iPhone is a quad band GSM phone, the 3G won't work on Tmo. Tmo and ATT have different 3G frequencies. Tmo uses the "international standard" (or whatever they call it), whereas ATT uses something else because they were too impatient to wait for the FCC to free up the correct bands.

Here's a link that sort of explains it...
http://www.breakitdownblog.com/3g-iphone-may-not-work-on-t-mobile-3g-network/

Upvote 0
100% depends on the store...went to one, they said nope, then I used my Droid to look up the next closest store and they acted like it was no big deal to return in store. If one store says no, go across the street!:D

Agreed--it depends on the manager. My neighborhood store will do just about anything for me. VIP status MAY have something to do with it...

As an aside I couldn't wait any longer. Since all indicators are that Passion will be pushed back to mid-December I pulled the trigger and ordered the Droid today. Customer support assured me I have till January 13th to return it if I don't like it "...for any reason, no questions asked." We shall see. Maybe I will have gotten used to the Droid's "feel" by then...

Upvote 0

I showed my friend, who tests these phones, the picture of the HTC Passion from theunlockr site and he confirmed that he had tested it.
I don't want to say what company he tests phones for because he is under an NDA. I know these friend of a friend rumors could have no validity especially since I just joined this site but I just wanted to share my info. I'm going to return my droid and wait too.

Upvote 0
I showed my friend, who tests these phones, the picture of the HTC Passion from theunlockr site and he confirmed that he had tested it.
I don't want to say what company he tests phones for because he is under an NDA. I know these friend of a friend rumors could have no validity especially since I just joined this site but I just wanted to share my info. I'm going to return my droid and wait too.

well if true, you just gave away which carrier is getting the phone by saying you will be returning the droid and waiting for it. I hope you speak the truth.

Upvote 0
I was trying to share my info without possibly getting my friend in trouble. I guess I messed that up.

When did said friend test said phone?

FCC lesson of the day: Companies (like HTC) submitting phones to the FCC must submit a test report to the FCC on the phone's radio emissions conducted by a third party (perhaps like said friend's company).

Upvote 0
well if true, you just gave away which carrier is getting the phone by saying you will be returning the droid and waiting for it. I hope you speak the truth.

Come on! We all know the phone is coming out. Verizon would squash the rumors if it weren't. When I last talked to customer service (Monday) the lady I talked to said she too was awaiting the Passion. She said quite frankly that they usually hear about/are trained on new phones a week in advance. That and $3.50 will buy you a cup of coffee, but the phone will come out sooner or later. Verizon has a lot riding on this phone (IMO this is going to be Verizon's flag-ship phone, not the Droid) so we will see it--just apparently not on Black Friday.

Funny there isn't any talk about the Curve2 dropping then either...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones