• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anyone help with boot sound cricket huawei ascend

I have a cricket huawei ascend, its rooted. Ive been trying for almost 3 days to make a boot sound and I cant figure it out, I couldnt find the "androotfile App" but i did find 1 that will allow me to change .ogg its called "root explorer". I dont kno how to do it exactly, I watched plenty of videos on it, I guess cricket huawei doesnt allow that feature. It never had a boot sound when i bought it. If anyone can help step by step, I would really appreciate it. I need some schooling lol.

Also after i rooted i dwld titanium and backed everything up since then i dwld some new apps and change alot of things should i backup again or will that get rid of all my original settings files etc. from the original backup

And whats with the eclair file should i download or not. i want the best for my droid and so far ive done most of what u pro's are talking about, thanks to all of use here. LOVE this forum

I really dont understand that link I downloaded all that, and did what it says and NOTHING. I may need some step by step help...
Boot sound just doesnt work what am i doin wrong

it needs to be a .ogg file, and you need to rename it to "bootStrapSound.ogg". The one that is already in /system/media/audio/ui is named the same thing.... "bootStrapSound.ogg". .. so either replace it, or rename it to "bootStrapSound1.ogg". or something, then put your sound in...and name it "bootStrapSound.ogg".

Upvote 0
i struggled for this for over a week....here ya go....had to add a few lines to buildprop but it works....now all you do is create bootStrapSound.ogg and put it in system/media/audio/ui.

add these lines to build.prop:
ro.config.hw_isninecell=true
ro.config.hw_bootSoundValue=3.0
ro.config.hw_hasbootsound=true

After this line:
#DTS2010052700469 zkf28680 20100805 end

***all i can say its working for me, but do this at your own risk, you should nandroid back up ,not responsible for anything that goes wrong***

If you havent been or heard of myascend.org....check it out, lot of good stuff there.
Even working on a rom that is supposed to be a good substitute for froyo while we wait for froyo.

Upvote 0
Hey rolltide, you have a huawei ascend by cricket and what you said worked for you, or do u have a dif phone. if you have the same phone where do i begin to add those lines, could you provide me a snapshot of were u start to do this. Not all that keen w the droids yet. you really have NO IDEA how long and how many forums Ive put this question on.
I see the do at own risk, if you have the same cell and did it, did it happen to mess nething up for you. I am very greatful for your response to this question.

Upvote 0
View attachment build.zip
This has given me zero problems, I just want to warn people so that dont hate me if something happens.Just unzip this folder and replace this build.prop with the build.prop on your phone (I copied and pasted my original build.prop from my phone to my computer,just to have it.) Just so you know, I got my hands on a metro pcs buildprop file.Since they have a startup sound and we dont I started there,comparing line for line, and found cricket didnt even out the commands for the startup sound. I took only those commands from the metro pcs buildprop and added them to my cricket buildprop and finally i had a boot sound!!!!! After you replace the buildprop just follow all the directions everyone gave us cricket users over and over and over again...
Once again i urge you to check out myascend.org , all forums are about huawei ascend only. really cool lots of help. Ive posted these same directions under primetime(name was already taken here). I joined here just to help you out, casue I know how dumb metro users can make you feel telling you how easy it is.

Upvote 0
Hey riptid you said you used metros build prop and used what command lines you needed for the replacement propbuilder, could you send me a copy of the file,and the steps needed for success. Or you could tell me were to find it. but then ill have to ask what lines I replace, a copy would be easier and I really appreciate you coming to my rescue on this forum.

Upvote 0
I uploaded a zip file containing a copy of my build.Just copy the build from the attached zip file on my last post to your phone using root explorer. You have to push the button on the screen in root explorer to mount as r/w to paste it in the system folder. You may want to copy and paste original build to sd card just to have original file,but its not necessary. After that just add bootStrapSoumd.ogg to system/media/audio/ui....I only suggest backing up as a precaution....i can say i didnt do it and have had zero problems at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones